Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Why Buy Replacement Windows?

Let's begin with this, I do not know much about windows.  I am an accountant, not a window salesman or installer.  I know nothing about all the crazy acronyms that float around the window industry - just as they do in any other industry.  I am a numbers man!

The best thing about being an accountant in the window business is that I can relate with the end user much better than I can relate to the vultures out there trying to sell you windows.  Of course, I'm not talking about the fine sales staff over here at Park Place Doors and Windows, I'm talking about the competition. Go figure, right?

Now, I could go on and on about windows and drip caps and double glazing, but then you would know that I'm lying, so I won't.  What I can tell you is
this: I replaced my residential windows with some vinyl, thermal, super-windows from Park Place and the only reason I did it was because of my employee discount.  As a first-time homeowner, replacing the windows in the house was not the first thing on my to-do list, it was not even on the list.
I mean, come on, the house came with windows!  Why would I want to replace them?  They were "new to me" anyway!  Besides, I needed to build a fence, build a deck, and buy some furniture!  I had no time for a bunch of silly windows.  Anyway, Aimee finally talked me into it.  She spit out all the acronyms and options that come with windows and I was not fazed until she got to the part about how much cash I would be saving on my electric bill (Remember? Accountant!)  I also got a killer tax credit from the IRS, not a deduction, a tax CREDIT, big difference!  The government paid for 30% of my windows.  So, I got the employee discount, Uncle Sam covered 30%, and my utility bills got whacked by 38% on average, and my house is worth more than it was when I bought it!  I feel like one of those extreme couponers!  After my windows were installed I realized it was a no-brainer and was glad I made the investment.

I'm not going to go into how much better the house looks and how much quieter it is inside, that is a whole other blog!

3 comments:

  1. We all knows that some windows cannot stand for many years replacement windows houston TX is one of the most common window replacements in these era.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ready made doors and windows may not strong but can find more verities and time saver.
    Roger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing such a great blog... I am impressed with you taking time to post a nice info.
    Doors And Windows
    Windows And Doors Phoenix
    Sliding Window Replacement

    ReplyDelete